Frequently Asked Questions

Just like in our classrooms, there are no bad questions. Click the table below to see answers to some of our most asked questions.

Our school follows the curriculum established by the New York State Board of Regents. Every student participates in the school’s STREAM (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics) academies. Faith is not only taught at our school but modeled, practiced and applied in all aspects of our school day, as our students graduate with a set of empathetic values, not seen in traditional public schools. In addition to STREAM academies, students in all grade levels take classes in Art, Music, Physical Education, Spanish and Technology.

Saints Peter and Paul School employs a Literary Specialist who, with feedback from homeroom teachers in grades kindergarten through 4 and periodic screenings, is able to identify students needing additional targeted instruction to strengthen reading skills. 

We utilize a Student Support Team process as recommended by New York State. Students who qualify may receive classroom accommodations through the 504-review process. The process ensures that students identified with learning challenges are provided with appropriate classroom accommodation even when their learning needs may not require direct support services. 

Hamburg Central School District may provide direct support services to students as part of the Committee for Special Education process. 

Saints Peter and Paul School also employs a full-time special education coordinator who works closely with families, teachers, and the Hamburg Central School District to provide for the student’s needs. Upon inquiry, a meeting is scheduled with the parents and principal. The special education coordinator will also review the needs of the student. Once the accommodations are identified and the school’s capabilities are assessed, an informed and fair decision can be determined.

Tuition and fees paid to Saints Peter and Paul School covers 59% of each student’s education. The remaining 41% is provided by Saints Peter and Paul Parish, the State of New York through reimbursement for mandated services, Saints Peter and Paul Parent Guild fundraising, and from the Catholic Diocese of Buffalo in the form of Catholic Schools Tuition Grant Program and STREAM grants. 

Graduates go on to attend: St. Francis High School, Bishop Timon St. Jude High School, Canisius High School, Mt. Mercy Academy, Nardin Academy and St. Mary’s High School. Our graduates also go on to attend local public high schools such as Hamburg High School, Frontier High School, Orchard Park High School, and Eden High School.

Yes! We’re committed to making an education at our school affordable for our families. Visit our Tuition page to learn more.

No. We welcome students from all faith backgrounds.

For Pre-K3 – Grade 8, the hours of the regular school day are 8:00 a.m. – 2:15 p.m.

Students are dismissed at 11:20 a.m. on half-days.


Yes, it is available for student in all grade levels. Visit our before and after school program to learn more. 

If your student would like to get involved in our school’s community, check out some of our extra-curricular activities for our elementary and middle school students.

Yes! We offer bus transportation to and from the school for the start, and at the end, of each school day for our elementary and middle school students.

Pre-K3/K4 students need to provide their own transportation to and from the school. 

Contact us to request to for your student.

All pre-K classes are a full day of instruction. Our school day is 8 a.m. to 2:15 p.m. Monday through Friday. 

Still have questions? Click below to send us a message.